Knowledge is Power
The power of understanding cause and effect.
The power of making the best decision.
The power of your business.
This is our knowledge. This is your law-firm.
[catlist name=’news’ numberposts=3]
Chambers Europe – ranked under “Intellectual Property” practice area in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
World Trademark Review 1000 – ranked under the “Prosecution and strategy” and “Enforcement and litigation” in 2015, 2016
World Trademark Review 1000 listings – 2014, 2015, 2016
Litigations and Transactions listings – IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners 2014, 2015, 2016
Intercontinental Finance Magazine – Top 250 Leading Firm Awards 2015
Rising stars in Intellectual Property Law in Romania – Acquisition International M&A Awards 2014
IP Stars Patent Handbook listings – 2014, 2015, 2016
EU Law Firm of the Year in Romania – LegalComprehensive Law Award 2017
EU Law Firm of the Year in Romania – Global Law Experts 2013 Practice Awards
EU Law Firm of the Year in Romania – Corporate INTL Magazine 2013
ICFM 2013 Global Award Winner
Antitrust Law Firm of the Year – Acquisition International M&A Awards 2013
Our law firm was created in 2012 around a group of lawyers who previously achieved international class expertise in specialized areas of practice within one of the most reputable teams on the Romanian market of legal services.
The structure thus created combines the advantages of such long established specialized expertise with the dynamic of a young management committed to provide prompt, effective, highly qualified and well reputed assistance and representation in legal matters.
Our IP lawyers gained long established fame as being some of the best in Romania. Their area of expertise includes all IP legal aspects and their work is highly appreciated for their deep knowledge of this specialized field, for their effective communication with the competent authorities and courts, as well as for their warm and efficient contact with the clients.
The services we offer in this practice area include:
- legal assistance and representation in front of the courts of both claimants and defendants in connection with:
– intellectual property (copyright, patents, trademarks, industrial design, utility models) infringement claims;
– claim for cancellation of industrial property titles (patents, trademarks, industrial design, utility models);
– litigation regarding unfair competition by confusingly similar trademarks, logos, promotion, packaging and advertising;
– disputes grounded on confidentiality agreements, assignment or licensing contracts;
– claims for defamation by allegations of plagiarism;
– litigation with employees regarding copyright and industrial property rights in works for hire;
- legal assistance and representation in front of the State Office for Inventions and Trademarks in the process of registration of industrial property subject matters: application, registration, opposition, re-examination (patents, trademarks, industrial designs, utility models);
- legal assistance in procedures regarding the invalidity of Community trademarks or designs;
- legal assistance in respect of Internet domain names registration, including domain names in dispute;
- legal assistance and representation in front of courts and arbitral tribunals in connection to contractual IP rights;
- drafting and negotiating:
– assignment and licensing contracts (patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, utility models);
– audiovisual production contracts;
– confidentiality agreements;
– contracts for research;
– labor contracts with employees charged with creating software products, inventions, integrated circuits, other IP subject matter under the work-for-hire regime;
- representation of foreign collective management associations in the negotiation and dispute settlement regarding the remuneration to be collected for the use of the works in Romania;
- legal representation and assistance of users’ associations or collective copyright management associations in the negotiation and dispute settlement regarding the remuneration to be paid between them;
- legal assistance and representation in front of the National Audiovisual Council with respect to the broadcasting of certain TV advertising spots;
- legal assistance and representation in obtaining audiovisual licenses;
- legal assistance and representation in front of administrative authorities and courts in proceedings related to the exercise of intellectual property rights in compliance with competition rules.
Răzvan Dincă is a lecturer of intellectual property and civil law with the University of Bucharest, and was a visiting professor with the University Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne, the Worldwide Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization and the University of Dubrovnik. He was a EU senior expert in intellectual property, head tutor of the biotechnology and intellectual property advanced course of the Worldwide Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization, tutor in intellectual property of the National Institute of Magistrates, as well as exclusive contributor for Romania to the European Copyright Reporter edited by Kluwer Law International. At present, Răzvan is the head reviewer of the biotechnology and intellectual property advanced course of the Worldwide Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization He also coordinates the intellectual property section of the Romanian Private Law Review.
In 2010 and 2012, Best Lawyers selected him for Romania in the area of Intellectual Property. Chambers Europe appointed him as Band 1 Individual Lawyer in Intellectual Property for Romania in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, making him the only lawyer in Romania to have benefitted from such long standing ranking in this field.
In 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, he was designated as high-ranking expert by WTR 1000. In 2011, the International Law Office awarded him the Individual Client Choice Winner for the section reserved to Intellectual Property in Romania.
In addition, the IAM Patent 1000 directory designated Răzvan as recommended expert in the years 2013 and 2014.
Our antitrust team has extensive expertise in various projects in this field, including:
- drafting, filing and conducting notifications of various operations to the Competition Council, such as mergers, acquisitions, contracts and joint-ventures, for the purposes of asserting their compatibility with a workable competition environment;
- drafting and negotiating agreements with the Competition Council for the purposes of ensuring the compliance of the business conduct with the objectives of the competition law;
- organizing trainings and drafting internal rules and procedures on the conformity of the business conduct with the competition laws and regulation;
- drafting contracts to ensure compatibility with competition rules;
- supplying audit and due diligence reports on the compatibility of some groups’ or companies’ business conduct with competition rules;
- assisting and representing clients on various markets in investigations regarding the compatibility of their business conduct with antitrust law;
- assisting and representing clients in front of the courts in challenges brought against the Competition Council’s decisions.
In 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, Best Lawyers included Răzvan Dincă in its recommendations for this practice area. Over the years, other important international guides (such as Chambers Europe) have also nominated Răzvan amongst the best competition lawyers in Romania. In 2013, Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii was designated Antitrust Law Firm of the Year at the Acquisition International M&A Awards.
Against the infamous backdrop of ever-changing economic and regulatory framework, banking projects today demand a mix of intellectual rigor, flexibility, legal knowledge, and financial and business expertise.
To meet these high market requirements, our firm’s banking practice brings together an interdisciplinary team of competitive, bright and knowledgeable lawyers, who have been involved in a broad range of finance transactions and who are familiar with the day-to-day activity of the Romanian banks. Clients trust our finance lawyers to take a sophisticated, yet simple and practical approach to achieving their objectives.
We have assisted banks, in their capacities as lenders and agents, as well as corporate borrowers in a wide variety of financing matters, including:
- secured loans;
- multi-currency and multi-option financings;
- real estate financings;
- working capital facilities;
- banking litigation and arbitration;
- enforcement of bank guarantees and payment instruments;
- escrows and other special purpose bank accounts;
- banking regulatory.
Our team provides legal assistance and representation in all aspects related to debt recovery, including the pre-insolvency stage, prevention procedures and judicial insolvency, reorganization and bankruptcy procedures, for creditors and debtors alike.
The services offered by our law firm in this practice area include:
- assistance with regard to filling insolvency requests;
- providing advice on strategies meant to ensure maximum debt collection for the creditor;
- representation in front of creditors’ assemblies and creditors’ committees;
- assessment of the legal feasibility of reorganization plans;
- representation in front of the syndic judge and the higher courts in all disputes related to insolvency, reorganization and bankruptcy procedures.
Our lawyers are highly experienced in all matters pertaining to internal and international arbitration, having successfully assisted and/or represented international clients in or in relation to complex arbitral proceedings before the International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC Paris), the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), the Vienna International Arbitral Center (VIAC), the Arbitration Court of the Bucharest Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI Bucharest) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), as well as before national courts, in proceedings concerning the enforcement or annulment of arbitral awards.
The arbitral proceedings in which our lawyers have been involved cover a broad range of matters, such as the energy market, transportation and infrastructure, real estate developments, civil and industrial construction works, distribution, lease, financing, corporate mergers, acquisitions agreements and information technology, including software licenses and domain names. The combination of our lawyers’ in-depth understanding of the practical issues specific to the relevant areas of business and their solid academic training and credentials, including in the particular subject of arbitration, makes Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii an ideal choice for both foreign and local clients.
Our lawyers have acted as counsels, co-counsels or experts on issues of Romanian law, on behalf of both claimants and respondents, in arbitral proceedings carried out in English, French or Romanian, in various arbitration centers such as Washington, Paris, London, Vienna, Geneva and Bucharest. Excellent knowledge of the law and of practical matters relating to arbitration, as well as great skills of organization and persuasion, allows our lawyers to provide the highest quality of service in furtherance of our clients’ interests.
Our lawyers bring their impressive academic background in contracts law to the service of the practical needs of their clients. They have the ability to always find the legal solutions that best fit the purpose indicated by our clients, while performing an efficient risk management.
Thus, our lawyers have developed important expertise in drafting, negotiating and getting approvals and other formalities required for the effectiveness of complex contracts concluded in real estate transactions, project financing, security interests in real and personal property, banking, distribution, telecommunications, sales, transportation, franchising, leases, leasing, factoring, share assignments and options. We also provide legal opinions and analysis on any aspect of Romanian contract law.
Our team has extensive expertise in assisting and representing clients such as banks, important industrial players, entrepreneurs, producers and distributors in litigation, as well as in domestic and international arbitration, in connection with the validity, effects, performance, enforcement and termination of the contracts they conclude.
In his capacity as lawyer and lecturer with the University of Bucharest, Răzvan Dincă was member of the technical commissions that drafted both the New Romanian Civil Code, during 2006-2009, and the Law for the Application of the New Romanian Civil Code, during 2010 and 2011. In both those commissions, he was charged with drafting the chapters regarding contracts (sales, leases, loans etc.). Following the enactment of the new laws, Răzvan provides trainings, courses, lectures and workshops on the new Romanian contract law to practitioners in all legal fields, including judges, lawyers, legal counsels and notaries public.
As the regulatory affairs field is expanding in Romania, our clients’ need for assistance and counseling in the area is growing. Our team has developed a well-established practice in the domain and currently offers services which include assessment of regulatory compliance, communications and negotiations with state authorities, and requesting, advocating, determining or sometimes challenging in court specific decisions issued by the public authorities.
Our lawyers are well known for their solid expertise, high specialization, effective usage of procedures, persuasive pleadings and respect for justice. All these enable us to obtain a very good percentage of success in the cases we instrument.
Our lawyers showed exquisite skills and reputed noteworthy success in cases regarding:
- patents, trademarks, designs and copyright;
- contract law (industrial and civil works, banking, transportation, distribution, security interests and others);
- corporate litigation;
- securities and organized markets;
- unfair competition and damages;
- insolvency procedures;
- real estate;
- provisional remedies;
- professional liability;
In 2010, 2012 and 2014, Best Lawyers recommended Răzvan Dincă for this practice area in Romania.
Our lawyers have advised and assisted numerous clients on corporate matters which include increase and decrease of share capital, assignment of shares, the establishment of new branches, management liability, corporate due diligence and corporate restructuring. Our litigation team also deals regularly with corporate disputes.
Our lawyers have a wealth of experience in the field of real estate, having successfully represented or advised clients in a variety of matters, such as:
- the execution and performance of framework agreements for complex real-estate development projects;
- legal issues specific to contracts for the execution of civil and/or industrial works, including FIDIC and JBIC contracts;
- enforcement of commercial real estate guarantees;
- drafting of due diligence reports for the purpose of executing real estate guarantees;
- claims for compensation lodged by former owners dispossessed by the State prior to 1989.
The telecommunications market is a constantly changing one, requesting the companies in the field to always be up-to-date with the applicable regulations and norms. Our lawyers have extensive expertise in dealing with both regulatory and commercial affairs concerning the telecom sector. The services offered by our team in this practice area comprise legal assistance and representation in front of relevant authorities, among which representation in proceedings before the Romanian Competition Council in respect of alleged breaches of competition law, assistance in preparation and negotiation of bank loans and bonds issuance, representation and counseling in transactions on telecommunications market, including for the setting up of a new network.
Our lawyers have acquired recognized expertise in the field of pharmaceutical law, the complexity of which stems from the intersection of legal issues pertaining to a variety of more traditional areas of law: regulatory law, intellectual property law, contract and property law, taxation law, and many others.
The services offered by our law firm in this practice area include legal assistance and representation on various aspects of pharmaceutical law, among which:
- advising clients on the regulatory aspects of the authorization of medicines, as well as handling of relations with the National Medicines Agency;
- advising clients on issues related to the pricing of medicines, including reimbursement and handling of relations with the Ministry of Health and the National Health Insurance House;
- drafting or legal review of protocols executed by clients from the pharmaceutical industry with the competent state authorities, regarding the supply of medicinal products for patient healthcare in Romania;
- advising clients in negotiations with the National Medicines Agency with respect to the legal framework for regulatory data protection for the results of clinical studies / market exclusivity;
- advising and representing clients on issues related to the special taxation levied on the pharmaceutical industry (claw-back), including challenging decisions of the competent state entities;
- advising and assisting clients from the pharmaceutical sector on the protection of their IP rights (patents, trademarks etc.) and on the relation between the IP rights and the pharma regulations.
M: (+40721) 753043
Răzvan is one of the most well-known Romanian professionals in his areas of expertise. He created the strongest intellectual property team on the Romanian market, a very dynamic competition law team and a very successful arbitration practice. His efficacy in pharmaceutical law projects is highly appreciated by clients, while his litigation record shows impressive results.
Răzvan teaches contract law and intellectual property at the University of Bucharest. He acted as an expert for the European Union, the World Intellectual Property Organization, the Romanian Ministry of Justice and the National Institute of Magistracy. He published on three continents more than 100 studies, out of which 10 books. Since 2012, he is Vice Dean of the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest.
CHAMBERS EUROPE ABOUT RĂZVAN
- Răzvan Dincă Is highlighted by clients for handling his work with a “human touch” and being “available and down-to-earth.” (2017)
- Răzvan Dincă is described by one client as “a visionary lawyer who understands instantly the core of the case.” (2017)
- One of the most respected Romanian specialists in all IP areas (2016)
- Răzvan Dincă is universally respected for his leading market position, thanks to his vast experience in both the academic and commercial sides of the field. Impressed clients “complete confidence in his legal opinions and are very impressed with his expertise. He is one of the most reputable specialists in Romania.” (2015)
- “a brilliant lawyer who is careful to understand and adapt to the needs of the client. He is also always looking for practical solutions” (2014)
- described by peers as an excellent lawyer, with one noting in particular his “brilliant understanding of IP law and related issues”, while clients praise him for his “tactical and intellectual capabilities” (2013)
- wins widespread acclaim for his “excellent legal mind” and academic experience (2012)
- known by clients to be “one of the best lawyers in IP. This man really knows patents”. Peers confirm: “He is a brilliant practitioner, particularly strong in litigation”. (2011)
- draws client praise for his overall skill and grasp of both Romanian and European competition law (2011)
- is “well-known as being one of the best”, say peers, and highly regarded for his technical expertise (2010)
- is considered by the international clients as “a powerful advocate and a brilliant theoretician” (2009)
- is considered by the international clients as “the best Romanian senior partner they worked with” (2008)
- 2016 – to date: Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
2015 – to date: Arbitrator, International Court of Arbitration, Romanian Chamber of Commerce
- 2015 – to date: Academic Director of Legal French – Romanian College of European Studies
- 2015: Invited Professor, Univ. Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne France
- 2014 – to date: Co director of the research project comparing the new Romanian Civil Code with the reform of the French Civil Code in field of obligations
- 2013 – to date: Invited Professor, University of Poitiers France
- 2012 – to date: Managing Partner, Răzvan Dincă & Asociațiii SCP
- 2012 – to date: Vice Dean, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
- 2012 – 2016: Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
- 2011 – 2015: Lead Reviewer, Worldwide Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization
- 2009 – 2015: Program Manager for the EU Thematic Network on Legal Aspects of Public Sector Information, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
- 2009 – 2012: Senior Partner, STOICA & Asociații SCP
- 2008 – 2012: Lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
- 2008 – 2011: Head Tutor, Worldwide Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization
- 2009 – 2010: Member of the Commission for Drafting the Project of the Law for the Application of the Civil Code, Romanian Ministry of Justice
- 2006 – 2009: Partner, STOICA & Asociatii SCP
- 2006 – 2009: Member of the Commission for Drafting the Project of the New Romanian Civil Code, Romanian Ministry of Justice
- 2006 – 2008: Head Tutor, Worldwide Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization
- 2004 – 2008: Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
- 2007: Senior Expert in EU intellectual property, PHARE Program of Technical Assistance to the Romanian Institute of Magistrates
- 2007: member of the board, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
- 2005 – 2006: Senior Associate, STOICA & Asociatii SCP
- 2004 – 2005: Trainee, Worldwide Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization
- 2002 – 2004: Junior Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
- 2000 – 2004: Associate, STOICA & Asociatii SCP
- 2000 – 2002: Tutor, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
- 1998 – 1999: Trainee, STOICA & Asociatii SCP
- 1997: Trainee, Tribunal de Grande Instance de Bobigny (France)
AWARDS AND RANKINGS
- 2017: IAM Patent 1000, recommended for litigation and transactions
- 2017: Chambers Europe, band 1 intellectual property
- 2016: WTR1000 – Individuals, Enforcement and litigation
- 2016: IAM Patent 1000, recommended for litigation and transactions
- 2016: Best Lawyers – dispute resolution, antitrust, intellectual property
- 2015: Chambers Europe, band 1 intellectual property
- 2015: WTR1000 – Gold Band – Individuals, Enforcement and litigation
- 2015: IAM Patent 1000, recommended for litigation and transactions
- 2014: Best Lawyers – dispute resolution, antitrust, intellectual property
- 2014: Chambers Europe, band 1 intellectual property
- 2014: IAM 1000, recommended for litigation and transactions among World’s Leading Patent Practitioners
- 2014: WTR1000, recommended individual for trademarks legal services
- 2013: Chambers Europe, band 1 intellectual property
- 2013: WTR1000, highly recommended for trademarks legal services
- 2013: Who is Who Romania
- 2012: Chambers Europe, band 1 intellectual property, band 3 competition law
- 2012: Best Lawyers – dispute resolution, antitrust, intellectual property
- 2012: WTR1000, Gold band – World Leading Trademarks Legal Professionals
- 2011: Chambers Europe, band 1 intellectual property, band 3 competition law
- 2011: Client Choice Individual Winner for Intellectual Property in Romania
- 2011: WTR1000, first individual recommendation for trademarks legal services
- 2010: Chambers Europe, band 1 intellectual property, band 3 competition law
- 2010: Best Lawyers – dispute resolution, antitrust, intellectual property
- 2009: students of the University of Bucharest, Bologna Professor
- 2009: Lawyers Union of Romania, “I.L. Georgescu” Award for the best Romanian book of the year in commercial law
- 2009: Chambers Europe, band 1 intellectual property, band 3 competition law
- 2008: Chambers Europe, band 1 intellectual property, band 3 competition law
- 2008: World Bank, excellence award
- 2007: Chambers Europe, band 1 intellectual property
- 2007: Legal Media Group – world’s leading patent law practitioner
- 2007: students of the Faculty of law, University of Bucharest the preferred tutor of the students
- Doctor of Law, summa cum laude, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest (2008)
- Master in comparative and international intellectual property law, cum laude, class-head, University of Turin, Worldwide Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization (2005)
- Master in private law, University Paris I, Pantheon, Sorbonne (2000)
- Law Degree, University Paris I, Pantheon, Sorbonne (1999)
- Law Degree, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest (1999)
- other study programs attended: University of Nice Sophia Antipolis – International Institute of Peace Law (2005), Intellectual Development Law Organization – Rome (2003), WIPO Worldwide Academy – Geneva (2003), International Centre for Human Rights Teaching – Strasbourg (2003), International Institute of Human Rights- Strasbourg (2003)
M: (+40721) 372597
Irina’a activity mainly concerns the litigation area, where she has gathered a wealth of experience in representing and advising major clients in IP, competition and pharma matters.
Irina has recently been involved in a great number of important projects which include:
• successfully representing one of the biggest food products manufacturers on the Romanian market in a series of trademark and unfair competition related court cases.
• assisting a major international pharmaceutical company in a complex patent litigation concerning infringement and alleged invalidity.
• advising an international manufacturer of tobacco based products in developing and implementing its patent protection strategy in Romania.
• advising one of the biggest international medicines producers on various regulatory matters including marketing authorization, price approval, reimbursement and labeling.
• successfully assisting a major industrial group active on various markets in obtaining the merger clearance from the Competition Council.
• successfully assisting a major distributor of house-appliances in an investigation of the Competition Council regarding an alleged antitrust understanding between the producers/importers of house-appliances;
• 2015 – 2017: Chambers Europe, intellectual property practice area Chambers Europe 2017: ”Irina Speciac is an emerging figure in the market and is widely recognised for her expertise in contentious IP matters. She acts for clients from a range of industries including pharmaceuticals, oil and gas and media.”
- April 2012 – to date: Partner, SCA RăzvanDincă & Asociații
- January 2012 – March 2012: Senior Associate, SCA STOICA & Asociatii
- 2010-2012: Associate, SCA STOICA & Asociatii
- 2008-2010: Junior Lawyer, SCA STOICA & Asociatii
- September 2006 – 2008: Trainee, SCA STOICA & Asociatii
- July 2006 – September 2006: Trainee, SCA Nestor Nestor Diculescu Kingston Petersen
- Master in Business Law, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2008)
- Law Degree, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2007)
- Law Degree, French-Romanian Law College for European Studies, Paris I Panthéon – Sorbonne University (2006)
M: (+40721) 257699
Andru Sandu-Capră joined our team at Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii in September 2012, in order to further pursue his interests in the areas of dispute resolution, insolvency and IP law. As such, Andru took part in the representation of clients in civil, commercial and intellectual property cases. He also collaborated in numerous assignments regarding general commercial consultancy.
The most significant projects in which Andru has recently been involved include:
- successfully representing some of the most important commercial banks in Romania in insolvency proceedings and in cases of tortious liability, contractual liability, challenges on enforcement and notations in the real estate registry;
- advising an important European contractor which carries out infrastructure works in Romania with respect to Romanian insolvency law;
- assisting an association of contractors in an arbitral dispute regarding issues of contract and construction law;
- successfully advising an association composed of renowned manufacturers of meat products on how to obtain a protected geographical indication at the European Union level;
- representing several creditors in one of the most complex national restructuring procedures (Hidroelectrica);
- advising an Internet and web hosting company in evaluating the client’s options for an efficient payment of its debts;
- assisting one of the leading Romanian automotive parts distributor in aspects related to contract drafting, contract enforcement and the protection of personal data;
- advising a global leader in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors on matters pertaining to patent protection and consignment of goods on the Romanian market;
- providing assistance to one of the most prominent food and beverage manufacturers in Eastern Europe in trademark related cases, both in front of OHIM and the national courts;
- drafting copyright assignment agreements for software developers;
- advising a major outdoor advertising company on preliminary issues concerning an acquisition project.
- October 2016 – to date: Managing Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații SCP
- September 2014 – September 2016: Senior Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații SCP
- December 2013 – August 2014: Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații SCP
- September 2012 – November 2013: Junior Lawyer, Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii SCP
- January 2012 – August 2012: Junior Lawyer, Păduraru & Boncu Attorneys CG
- Master in Private Law, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2012);
- Law Degree, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2011);
- Law Degree, University Paris I Panthéon – Sorbonne, French-Romanian Law College for European Studies (2010);
- other study programs attended: World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) Academy (2012, 2013, 2014); Postgraduate program for professional development, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2012).
M: (+40736) 494524
Vladimir Diaconiță is highly educated, enthusiastic and flexible and he always goes above and beyond to find the best legal solution. Drawing on his strong academic background, he is both a litigator and a consultant, with extensive knowledge in the law of contracts, intellectual property, arbitration and construction law.
Vladimir is a faculty member of the University of Bucharest since 2010, teaching contract law, inheritance law and intellectual property.
Vladimir’s recent professional experience chiefly comprises of:
- advising a prominent Romanian waste collection and recycling company on an intricate multimillion case concerning the transfer pricing of certain intellectual property rights;
- assisting a high profile player on the construction market in a much debated public procurement criminal case brought against him;
- negotiating and drafting a sophisticated cross-border license and assignment agreement for the transfer of IP over a software controlling and managing agricultural machinery;
- representing an important Romanian IT firm in a dispute concerning the infringement of software copyright;
- advising one of the largest European financial institutions with regard to issues of real estate development and M&A;
- giving advice to a contractor in several arbitral disputes, all in regard to one of the largest infrastructure works in Romania (valued at over EUR 200 million);
- assisting several international contractors and subcontractors of infrastructure works in arbitral proceedings concerned with Romanian contract law;
- representing one of the most salient players on the Romanian food products market in trademark cases;
- representing several Romanian financial institutions in a multi-million cross-border recovery of debt against the heirs of one of the wealthiest and most prominent Romanian individual;
- June 2017 – present: Managing Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații;
- October 2015 – June 2017: Partner, Diaconiță SCA;
- April 2012 – October 2015: Senior Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații;
- January 2012 – April 2012: Junior Lawyer, RTPR Allen & Overy;
- November 2010 – March 2011: Trainee, RTPR Allen & Overy;
- June 2009 – September 2009: Trainee, Nestor Nestor Diculescu Kingston Petersen.
- Post-graduate diploma in arbitration – Cologne Academy of International Commercial Arbitration (2015);
- Post-graduate diploma in international commercial arbitration – Swiss Arbitration Academy (2014);
- Post-graduate diploma in construction claims/FIDIC arbitrations – Prime Consulting (2014);
- Master’s Degree (LL.M.), summa cum laude – University of Fribourg, Bern and Neuchatel, Switzerland (2013);
- Master’s Degree (LL.M.) – University of Bucharest, Romania (2012);
- Law Degree (LL.B.) – University of Bucharest, Romania (2010).
Andra Vamvu is a graduate of the Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest. She is a member of the Bucharest Bar since 2011 and is part of our banking team from January 2014. Her fields of expertise include banking, civil, commercial and corporate law.
Andra advises one of the most important banks in connection with its activity in Romania, covering regulatory, commercial and civil advice. Her area of practice includes several aspects such as, but not limited to the following: legal advice on debt restructurings, banking transactions, general lending and contracting diverse types of warranties.
Andra’s previous experience covers a wide range of practice areas:
- Representing clients before the Romanian courts in civil, commercial, insolvency and labour law disputes;
- Assisting clients throughout the registration procedure of (i) limited liability companies, (ii)transfer of shares, (iii) changes in the shareholding structure, (iv) share capital increase operations;
- Consolidated experience in corporate transactions, mergers, acquisitions and transfers of business having advised Romanian and international clients;
- Legal experience in the energy industry, focusing her practice on regulatory and transactional energy issues.
- Assistance during transactions and business consultancy services provided to a large portfolio of clients, mainly to national and international players in real estate and constructions;
- Assisting clients and providing legal advices in connection to the infringement of trademarks.
- January 2014 – to date: Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații SCA
- December 2012 – December 2013: Senior Lawyer, Voinea & Associates
- March 2011 – December 2012: Junior Lawyer, Voinea & Associates
- Master in Business Law, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2015);
- Law Degree (LL.B) – University of Bucharest, Romania (2010).
M: (+40731)818 344
Ionuţ Cofaru graduated from the Faculty of Law in 2014 and has been a member of the Bucharest Bar since 2014. In his time as a student, Ionut has participated in numerous competitions, the most renowned of them being The Philip C. Jessup competition.
Ionuţ joined our team in October 2014 and is now focusing on improving his knowledge in the area of intellectual property and litigation.
The most significant projects in which Ionuţ has been involved include:
• providing assistance to a global leader in the pharmaceutical sector on matters relating to patent enforcement in Romania;
• Assisting a Russian oil company in multiple patent and trade mark related litigations;
• providing assistance to one of the most reputed food and beverage manufacturers in Romania in trade mark related cases in front of OHIM and the General Court (European Union);
• providing assistance to one of the most renowned water distributors in Romania regarding trade mark protection;
• advising one of the global leaders in the tobacco sector in patent validity matters;
• representing a confectionery manufacturer in trade mark related cases in front of the national courts;
• advising and representing a Romanian airline in matters related to unfair competition law;
• advising one of the most renowned watches retailer in Romania in trade mark protection matters.
Ionuţ is also coordinating seminars of Civil Law at the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest.
• October 2014-to date: Răzvan Dincă & Asociații SCA
• PhD Candidate, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2016-)
• Masters Degree (LL. M), University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2014-2015)
• Law Degree(LL. B), University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2010-2014)
• Certificate of Proficiency in English, Cambridge ESOL Level 3 Certificate, University of Cambridge
M: (+40726)454 510
Ion Croitoru graduated Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest in June 2014. He joined our team in February 2015, in order to further boost his expertise in several areas, including litigation, contract law, real estate and insolvency proceedings.
As an undergraduate, he spent two years as a trainee, during which he was involved in various civil and commercial law projects, such as assisting clients in insolvency proceedings, debt recovery trials, real estate litigation or drafting civil contracts.
Since joining our team, Ion has chiefly worked in international commercial arbitration proceedings and insolvency, civil, commercial, energy and intellectual property cases. He has also shown interest in several other areas, such as gaming law, cyberspace (Internet) law or fiscal law.
The most prominent projects he has been involved in are:
- drafting expert reports in international commercial arbitration proceedings concerning several disputes between a Romanian state company and Austrian, German and Swiss contractors;
- drafting expert reports in an international commercial arbitration case between two leading Spanish and Italian contractors and a Romanian designer;
- advising two major Romanian commercial banks on debt recovery strategies against a famous Romanian businessman;
- successfully representing one of the most important commercial banks in Romania in insolvency proceedings and challenges on enforcement;
- advising a major Romanian commercial bank on various legal issues regarding digital signatures and Internet law;
- representing a leading Romanian commercial bank in litigation against a Romanian state company.
- February 2015 – to date: Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații SCA
- February 2012 – May 2014: Intern, C.I. „Petru Mircea”
- Law Degree – University of Bucharest (2014)
Mădălina-Andreea Corâci is member of the Bucharest Bar since January 2012 and has joined out team in February 2014. Her practice covers banking, real estate, civil law, corporate and commercial law.
The most significant projects in which she has recently been involved include:
- Advising a leading Romanian bank on numerous general corporate finance transactions, debt restructurings and matters pertaining to security interests in real and personal property and payment instruments;
- General legal assistance and representation for one of the largest hypermarket chains, regarding national and European law;
- Advising one of the most important investors in agricultural field on matters regarding real estate law and contract drafting;
- Assisting a real estate developer in his relation with the commercial partners, regarding aspects of merge and acquisitions, commercial contracts and insolvency;
- Representing clients before the relevant authorities throughout the registration procedures of corporative changes
February 2014 – to date: Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii SCA
September 2013 – January 2014: Associate, Ioan Pârlea Law Office
January 2012 – August 2013: Associate, Popovici Nitu & Asociaţii SCP
Master’s Degree (LL.M) – University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2012)
Master’s Degree (LL.M) – University Paris I Panthéon – Sorbonne, French-Romanian Law College for European Studies (2011)
Law Degree (LL.B) – University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2011)
Law Degree (LL.B) – University Paris I Panthéon – Sorbonne, French-Romanian Law College for European Studies (2010)
M: (+40721)251 769
Cristian Radu graduated the Faculty of Law – Univesity of Bucharest in 2013 and subsequently he was admitted in Bucharest Bar. As a junior and also as a senior lawyer, Cristian was involved in a wide range of activities including both consultancy and litigation.
Regarding his practice area, he has been involved in various projects, such as:
- drafting and negotiating commercial contracts for one of the biggest clothes manufacturers in Romania;
- advising one of the most important suppliers of tubes with regard to day by day legal aspects of its activity;
- drafting corporate documents for companies acting in multiple activity sectors, and also representing them in front of the Trade Registry regarding corporate modifications;
- representing the above mentioned companies in front of the national courts, related to commercial disputes and also in insolvency procedures.
- successfully representing an Individual in a claim brought against him, deriving from his capacity as an administrator of a company.
- November 2017 – to date: Senior Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații
- March 2016 – October 2017: Senior Associate, Sălcianu Attorneys at Law
- June 2015 – February 2016: Junior Associate, Firaru Florina C.I.
- April 2015 – May 2015: Junior Associate, Voinea & Associates
- May 2014 – March 2015: Junior Associate, Firaru Florina C.I.
- August 2012 – September 2013: Trainee, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații
- Law Degree, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2013)
Being a member of the Bucharest Bar since October 2011, Diana Jaravete joined our team in August 2014.
Her expertise covers dealing with both advisory and litigation matters in areas such as contract law, debt recovery & insolvency, real estate and corporate law. Along with the projects submitted to her attention, Diana has also become acquainted with the general principles of FIDIC contract conditions and has gained a valuable insight into the Energy field and private international law.
The projects managed involved national and international actors in the public administration, trucks production and distribution, IT and infrastructure construction fields.
Diana’s latest activity consists in providing legal advice for an important player in the corporate banking market in Romania on the following matters:
• regulatory banking, compliance and capital adequacy;
• internal affairs and corporate governance;
• drafting framework agreements, participating in negotiations and issuing legal opinions necessary for the procurement of goods and services;
• revising intragroup contracts;
• a wide range of banking projects, related to general bank lending, asset/project/real-estate finance, debt restructurings, securities, payment instruments.
- August 2014 – present: Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Associates SCP
- January 2013 – August 2014: Junior Lawyer/Associate, Mitu & Associates SPARL
- February 2012 – January 2013: Junior Lawyer, Abdel-Razek Cornelia-Corina Law Office
- October 2011 – January 2012: Trainee, Corciu & Associates SCPA
- Training courses and seminars: “The FIDIC Claims – Making, Defending and Resolving Claims under the FIDIC 1999 Contracts”, independent coursework organised by Cornerstone Seminars (Amsterdam, 2014);
- Master’s Degree in Judiciary Career (LL.M) – Law Faculty, University of Bucharest, Romania (2010);
- Bachelor’s Degree (LL.B) – Law Faculty, University of Bucharest, Romania (2009);
- Certificate in Advanced English, University of Cambridge, Council of Europe Level C1, ESOL Examinations (2004).
M: (+40724) 175638
Vlad joined Răzvan Dincă & Asociații immediately after graduating the Faculty of Law – University of Bucharest. As a member of Răzvan Dincă & Asociații’s team, Vlad gained a vast experience in intellectual property and competition law. Vlad’s latest professional experience comprises:
- Assisting an important French automotive manufacturer in a number of parallel imports cases;
- Representing a food manufacturer in a series of trademark and designs litigations;
- Assisting several Romanian financial institutions in a multi-million cross-border recovery of debt against the heirs of one of the wealthiest and most prominent Romanian individual;
- Advising one of the biggest European coffee producers in a number of trademark infringement cases;
- Assisting a Russian oil company in multiple patent related litigations;
- Giving advice to a Chinese tobacco company regarding the annulment of a series of trademark infringement based border measures.
- Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații
- Intern, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații
- Intern, Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații
- Law Degree (LL.B) – University of Bucharest
Cristian Tănasă graduated from the Faculty of Law in 2016 and has been a member of the Bucharest Bar since 2016. In his time as a student, Cristian has participated in numerous moot court competitions, exempli gratia the ”Francisc Deak” National Moot Court Competition on Civil Law, where he was awarded the Best Speaker distinction.
As an undergraduate, he obtained several scholarships and wrote a few articles on transport law, civil law and intellectual property. Also, he spent some time as a trainee, during which he was involved in various civil and commercial law projects.
Cristian joined our IP and Competition practice in October 2016.
October 2016 – to date: Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații
September 2015: Trainee, Bondoc & Asociații in alliance with White & Case
August 2015: Trainee, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații
April – May 2014: Trainee, Bondoc & Asociații in alliance with White & Case
October 2016 – to date: Master in private Law (LL.M)
Law Degree (LL.B) – University of Bucharest (2016)
M: (+40741)030 337
Iulia Stroe graduated from Faculty of Law – University of Bucharest in June 2017. Soon after becoming a member of the Bucharest Bar in September 2017, she joined the litigation & arbitration team within Răzvan Dincă & Asociații.
October 2017 – to date: Associate – SCA Răzvan Dincă & Asociații
June 2016: Trainee, Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații
Law Degree – University of Bucharest (2017)
Valentin Ionescu joined Răzvan Dincă & Asociații shortly after graduating, in 2017. In his years of study he has gathered experience from various areas of practice and is now part of the banking team, knowledgeably aiding clients with a thourough understanding of civil and comercial law.
To further his studies, Valentin started attending a Master’s Degree in Public Procurements, Public – Private Partnerships and Concessions at the Faculty of Law – University of Bucharest.
- October 2017 – to date: Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații
- June 2016: Intern, National Institute of Legal Medicine
- August 2015 – November 2015: Intern, Grecu & Asociații
- October 2013 – March 2015: Intern, Anghel Stabb & Partners
- Master’s Degree in Public Procurements, Concessions and Public – Private Partnerships – Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
October 2017 – to date
- Law Degree – Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
October 2013 – June 2017
Raluca Tudor graduated the Faculty of Law – University of Bucharest in June 2017. In November 2017, she joined the IP & competition law team within Răzvan Dincă & Asociații.
November 2017 – to date: Associate, Răzvan Dincă & Asociații
March 2016: Intern, TAMC – Attorneys at Law
October 2017 – to date: Master in Private Law (LL.M) – University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law
Law Degree (LL.B) – University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (2017)
Bogdan Bădescu graduated the Faculty of Law – Nicolae Titulescu University and he is member of the Bucharest Bar since September 2017.
At the beginning of 2018 he joined our team and his current main practice areas include banking, civil and commercial law. During his studies, Bogdan also focused on Private International Law, Insolvency and Intellectual Property projects.
Law Degree – Nicolae Titulescu University
Razvan Dinca & Asociatii nominated for Managing IP’s Global Awards
We are delighted to announce that Razvan Dinca & Asociatii has been nominated in the Romanian IP Firm of the Year 2016 category of the Managing IP Global Awards. The awards recognize outstanding IP work in the past twelve months and the final results will be presented in London on March 10th.
The winners are chosen by Managing IP based on the research for the World IP Survey, a review of market developments and feedback from clients.
Managing IP will hold its Global Awards ceremony at The Savoy Hotel, Strand, London on March 10th 2016.
Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii is looking for associate lawyers to join the firm’s Intellectual Property, Commercial and Banking departments
Candidates should fulfill the following requirements:
– 2-3 years of experience in intellectual property law, respectively commercial law and banking;
– fluency in English; good command of another language is considered a plus.
– computer literacy (MS Office).
The successful candidates will benefit from competitive, performance-oriented, remuneration and will have the opportunity to expand their professional experience within a dynamic team of highly qualified professionals.
February 4, 2015
Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii ranked by WTR 1000 for 2015
The World Trademark Review 1000 published the 2015 edition, ranking Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii under the “Prosecution and strategy” and the “Enforcement and litigation” sections. The directory emphasises that the firm “made great strides since its inception and already enjoys significant standing on the market”.
Under the “Individuals” section, Răzvan Dincă is ranked for the fifth year consecutively, being described as “an authoritative academic and virtuoso litigator”, buoying by his “glittering reputation” the steady development of the firm. Răzvan is depicted by the peers interviewed as “honest, serious and knows how to make an impression in front of the court.”
January 28, 2015
Starting December 1st, Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii moved to a new location
We are pleased to announce that, due to the growth of our team and our business, we moved to a new location. Starting December 1st, 2014, we invite you to visit us at our new premises, at 49 Popa Tatu Street, Sector 1. The villa was built in 1884, the year when the Romanian Academy started the work on the first Romanian language dictionary. It was recently restored to satisfy the exigencies of a modern premium offices building.
This move means not only a new and exciting step in our activity, but also a confirmation of the steady evolution of our firm, that we could not have achieved without the support of our clients and partners. We take this opportunity to thank all of you for your contribution to our success.
December 1st, 2014
Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii supports the ROTARY CLUB TRIUMPH Association
The Association ROTARY CLUB TRIUMPH is a non-profit organisation actively implicated in the civil society, through several humanitarian and cultural projects destined to the professional, social and cultural development of the society.
Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii is happy to be able to support the Association, by contributing as sponsor in the organisation of the “IN-BETWEEN COLLECTION” charity event, organized by the CLUB INTERACT TRIUMPH Association together with the P.A.V.E.L. Association, destined to raise funds in order to help the children with cancer, leukaemia and serious anemia.
November 27, 2014
Răzvan Dincă conferencing on the legal regime of the inventions for hire
On 20 November, the Romanian National Chamber of Industrial Property Attorneys and Legal Magazin organized the symposium “The inventions – always contemporary. The new law on the inventions for hire”.
In the symposium, Răzvan made a speech on the legal regime of the inventions resulting from contracts for research, on the situations in which the protection of the inventions of hire belongs to the inventors employed and on the legal nature of the employer’s claims concerning the invention for hire.
November 21, 2014
Our team is growing
This summer our team grew by the joining of a new lawyer, Florina Neacşu, who is working in the banking department of our law firm. Also, in September 2014, Diana Jaravete will be joining Răzvan Dincă & Asociatii.
Florina Neacşu is member of the Bucharest Bar Association since 2005 and has 10 years of experience in business law in areas such as: real estate, corporate, intellectual property and capital market. She will be joining our consultancy team and will advise clients on banking, financing and real estate projects managed by Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii.
Diana Jaravete was admitted in the Bucharest Bar in 2011. Her expertise primarily focuses on providing legal advice related to contract law, debt recovery, real estate and corporate matters, being also acquainted with the general principles of FIDIC contract conditions and has gained a valuable insight into the Energy field and private international law. Diana will also join the banking department of Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii.
Răzvan Dincă selected for the third time by Best Lawyers in Romania
Best Lawyers International released the 2014 -2015 Edition for Romania, listing Răzvan Dincă among the best practitioners in the country. Nominated by each edition of Best Lawyers since 2010, when it started to provide rankings for Romania, Răzvan is recommended for the practice areas of Competition/Antitrust Law, Intellectual Property Law and Litigation.
One of the most important legal directories in the world, Best Lawyers is considered both by representatives of the profession and by the media and public among the most reliable, unbiased sources of legal referrals anywhere, which compiles the lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which tens of thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii winner of the 2014 Acquisition International Magazine M&A Award
Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii received the award for “Rising stars in Intellectual Property Law in Romania” conferred by the Acquisition International Magazine.
According to the Chief Coordinator of the 2014 M&A Awards, “this year’s winners are some of the most dedicated, forward-thinking and determined we’ve seen in all our time running these awards, their insights and expertise have been invaluable to countless businesses around the world and they have been responsible for some of the most exciting and important game-changing deals and developments over the past 12 months.”
Voted for by a global network of expert M&A professionals, advisers, clients, peers and industry insiders, the awards celebrate excellence in all areas of M&A, recognising not only individual deal success but also the firms and individuals behind the scenes whose tireless efforts and unrivalled expertise have contributed to the dramatic increase in global M&A activity over the past year.
Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii listed by IAM Patent 1000
The Intellectual Asset Management Magazine published its 2014 guide IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners 2014, listing Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii in the Litigations and Transactions Section.
According to the Guide, with its modern approach to the practice of IP law and customer service, the firm breathed fresh air into the Romanian market when it opened its doors in 2012, since then doubling in size. The peers and clients interviewed affirm that “the ensemble shines on the litigation front, where it acts primarily for marquee multinational rights holders”, while Răzvan Dincă is hailed as one of the market’s most erudite practitioners, his “rich theoretical background enabling him to “craft clever legal arguments in court in order to best opponents”.
Using an extensive research process based on interviews with patent specialists across the globe, the IAM Patent 1000 is one of the most important directories exclusively dedicated to identifying the world’s leading patent services providers.
Maria Ţucă joined Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii team
Starting with June 1st 2014, Maria Ţucă joined our team, after working for more than three years with one of the most important litigations teams in Romania. Maria worked alongside some of the most renowned professionals in a variety of complex and sensitive administrative and commercial cases. Her practice focuses mainly on dispute resolution, especially on administrative disputes arising from Competition and Antitrust Law, Administrative Contracts and Public Procurement procedures, as well as specific corporate and commercial matters such as Consumer Law, privatization agreements, over-insurance policy and dissenting shareholders cases.
With Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii team Maria will work in the dispute resolution department, dealing mainly with litigation and arbitration matters.
Răzvan Dincă conferencing on copyright in the Conference on „Free access to information and culture”
On 26 and 27 May 2014, the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest and the Institute of European Media Law organized the Conference “Free access to information and culture: Between free speech and commercial interest”.
Under Panel 2, “Protection of the copyright and related rights in the context of media convergence – digital world challenges”, Răzvan made a speech on the Copyright – description and limitations (corroborated with the right to information) – with practical application in the media industry.
Răzvan addressed the moral and patrimonial author’s right, the particularities of the multimedia works, the relation between copyright and the public right to information, as well as the collective management matters, both from the perspective of the various positions that a media institution might take in respect of those legal matters.
Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii assisting the main producers of Sibiu Salami in obtaining a geographical indication in the EU
The most important manufacturers of Sibiu Salami on the Romanian market listed the help of Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii in order to attain a geographical indication at the European Union level, bearing upon the „Salam de Sibiu” denomination. This action is aimed at ensuring the protection and a high quality standard for the aforesaid product, which dates its origins back to the late 19th century – early 20th century and is one of the most longstanding and reputable products in the national meat packing industry. Throughout this complex process, which involves legal, technical, management and marketing experts, Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii has and will continue to bring its comprehensive expertise in the area of intellectual property law, so as to safeguard its clients’ interests, to acquire and to maintain the desired IP protection.
Răzvan Dincă ranked in Chambers Europe Band 1 for Intellectual Property
Chambers Europe issued its 2014 Guide, ranking Răzvan Dincă in Band 1 for Intellectual Property. This is the eighth consecutive year when Răzvan is ranked in Band 1 for Intellectual Property and he is the only lawyer in Romania to have enjoyed such long standing ranking for this area of expertise.
In this year’s guide, Răzvan was described by peers as one of the best IP lawyers, being portrayed as “a brilliant lawyer who is careful to understand and adapt to the needs of the client. He is also always looking for practical solutions”.
Based on an extended research and interviews with lawyers and their clients, Chambers is the leading guide to the legal profession. Its rankings identify the world’s finest lawyers, with best performances according to the criteria most valued by clients (e.g. technical expertise, business acumen, prompt delivery, value for money).
Razvan Dinca & Asociatii is looking for associate lawyers to join the firm’s Corporate, Banking and Arbitration departments
Razvan Dinca & Asociatii is looking for associate lawyers to join the firm’s Corporate, Banking and Arbitration departments.
Candidates should fulfill the following requirements:
– 1-5 years of experience in corporate law, banking or arbitration;
– fluency in English; good command of another language (especially German) is considered a plus.
– computer literacy (MS Office).
The successful candidates will benefit from competitive, performance-orientated, remuneration and will have the opportunity to expand their professional experience within a dynamic team of highly qualified professionals.
If you fulfill the requirements set above, please send your CV and letter of intent (in English) at firstname.lastname@example.org until May 15th 2014.
Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii congratulates the team of the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest for the performances obtained in the “Willem Vis” competition
The team representing the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law obtained remarkable results both at the written phase and at the oral phase of the 11th edition of the “Willem Vis” Moot Court Competition, which took place in Hong Kong during 1-6 April 2014. At its first participation to the Hong Kong edition of the competition, the team advanced to the semi-finals of the oral phase. This result places the University of Bucharest amongst the first four universities worldwide within this competition.
In the general oral rounds, the team met the following four teams: University of Paraná (Brazil), National University of Taiwan (Taiwan), Free State University (South Africa) and Georgetown University (USA). The team qualified into the elimination rounds, being amongst the first 32 teams out of a total of 99 participants. In the elimination rounds, the team faced, in turn, the following universities: La Trobe University (Australia), New York University (USA), Griffith University (Australia) and Amsterdam University (The Netherlands). The final was won by Loyola University Chicago (USA).
The team of the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest also won two honourable mentions at the Asian edition of the “Willem Vis” competition this year.
With respect to the written stage, the Romanian students obtained an honourable mention in the “Fari Nariman” category for best written memorandum on behalf of the respondent. The first place in this category was attributed to the China-EU Law School (China).
Radu Văleanu obtained an individual honourable mention in the “Neil Kaplan” category for the best oral advocate. The first place in this category was attributed to a student at the China-EU Law School (China).
The members of the team who obtained this performance are: Andreea Armanu, Șerban Dănescu, Ștefan Dinu (oral advocate), Crina Gealatu, Mihaela Gheorghe, Mihaela Gherghe, Geanina Stîngaciu and Radu Văleanu (oral advocate). In preparing the participation to the competition, the team enjoyed the support of important law firms and recognised Romanian experts in arbitration.
Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii ranked by WTR 1000
The 2014 edition of the World Trademark Review 1000 ranked Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii, the directory mentioning that “the firm’s trademark practice is A to Z and some of the largest domestic brand owners come here for all of their trademark needs” and “multinationals are also increasingly considering as a first port of call”.
In the “Individuals” section, Răzvan Dincă is ranked for the fourth year consecutively, being depicted as an elite expert, with an impeccable dispute resolution record, the description made by one of the peers interviewed remarking that “on both a theoretical and practical level, he has a brilliant mind when it comes to intellectual property”.
Four lawyers are joining Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii team
At the end of last year the Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii team grew by the joining of four new members.
Andra Dumitrescu, who previously worked with SCA Voinea & Asociaţii, and Mădalina Conet, former lawyer at SCP Popovici, Nitu & Asociaţii shall consolidate the banking department of our law firm.
Within the same department shall also be specialising Adrian Baias, trainee lawyer, while another young lawyer, Marian Bădescu, will work in the litigation department. Also, at the beginning of this year, Andru Sandu Capră was promoted to Associate lawyer. His activity with the law firm concerns mainly the litigation domain, specifically the intellectual property, insolvency procedures and banking law.
Răzvan Dincă conferenced to the National Institute of Magistrates
The National Institute of Magistrates, which is the State entity specialized in the initial and continuous formation of the magistrates organized an international conference on the new civil code and on the new civil procedure code of Romania.
The conference is included in a project financed by grant awarded by Switzerland through the Swiss contribution for an extended European Union within the Swiss-Romanian Cooperation Programme. The audience of the conference was mainly formed by judges with the various courts of Romania, including the courts of appeal and the high Court of Cassation and Justice. During a two hours presentation, Răzvan Dincă discussed the main legal matters related to a sale with the reservation of the ownership, including in enforcement and insolvency proceedings.
Răzvan Dincă conferencing on the changes in the consumption loans legislation in 2013
On November 21, 2013 the Financial Services Association – ALB Romania organized the ninth edition of the ALB National Conference, on the “Revival of the economy lending by rebuilding the confidence in the non-banking financial institutions”.
In the first part of the working group, destined to consumption loans, Răzvan made a speech on the provisions of Law no. 193/2000 concerning the abusive clauses in the contracts concluded between professionals and consumers, with a focus on the non-banking financial services contracts. During his presentation, Răzvan put a special emphasis on the modifications brought to the consumption loans legislation during 2013.
More at: http://www.alb-leasing.ro/en/conferinta_2013_en.php
Răzvan Dincă conferencing on difficult matters of civil law
On 18 and 19 October 2013, the Romanian Society of Legal Sciences organized at the palace of the National Chamber of Commerce the second edition of the conference “Difficult matters of civil law”. As for the 2012 edition, Răzvan Dincă participated in one of the panels which debated several issues of interest which were proposed by the practitioners participating to the conference.
Accordingly, Răzvan intervened in respect of certain aspects of the legal regime of the assignment of the contract, of the benefit of the term, as well as of the legal effects of the contract concluded by a person declaring themselves as attorney in the absence of or beyond the limits of their powers. The debates in the panel were very dynamic and continued until late in the evening.
Răzvan Dincă conferenced on the legal standing in IP enforcement claims
Rominvent organised at Hilton Hotel in Sibiu the fifteenth edition of the Symposium “Intellectual property infringements”. This symposium traditional gathers highly recognised practitioners in all areas of industrial property, including judges, prosecutors, high level civil servants, IP attorneys, lawyers, holders and administrators of IP portfolios.
In this year edition, Răzvan presented some practical but still controversial issues related to the legal standing in IP enforcement claims. He mainly dealt with the licensees’ active and passive legitimacy as well as with the admissibility of an enforcement claim brought by the prior right holder against the use made by holder of a subsequent conflicting right without cancelling the title of this later right.
Răzvan Dincă & Asociații and Rizoiu & Asociații organized the conference “Current legal issues in banking practice”
Thursday, October 3rd, took place at Hotel Pullman, the conference “Current legal issues in banking practice”, organized by Răzvan Dincă & Asociații and Rizoiu & Asociații, occasioning the meeting of the most important representatives of the banking services in Romania with representatives of public authorities implicated in the current regulations review process. Beside the organizing law firms, in the conference spoke Mr. Alexandru Păunescu, Head of the Legal Department of National Bank of Romania, Mrs. Claudia Roșianu from the Ministry of Justice Normative Acts Drafting Direction, as well as Mrs. Adriana Ahciarliu, General Manager of the Financial Companies Association.
Current themes concerning the legal recent legal modifications, with important impact on the banking services were discussed.
Naturally, one of the subjects discussed in the conference was the New Insolvency Code approved by the Romanian Government in the meeting of October 2nd, by emergency ordinance. The discussions had in view especially the manner chosen by the Government for adopting such normative act of vital importance for the relations between banks and their debtors, including concerning the recovery of debts. In this regard, the conclusion reached was that the adoption of the New Insolvency Code by an emergency ordinance was a hasty decision of the Government since it did not allow the implementing of the proposals for modification of the project made both by the professional associations and the interested public authorities – being noted that the possibility of including such modifications in the law of approval of the emergency ordinance is still opened.
Another subject debated was the recently entered in force legal modifications concerning the abusive clauses included in the bank contracts. Concerning this aspect the difficult problem of the compatibility of such legal provisions with the applicable European legislation was raised, including the possibility of notifying CJUE with preliminary questions concerning this issue.
Also, a series of other problems of grate interest and impact for the banking environment were raised, among which the use of the existing case law prior to the entering in force of the New Civil Code for the interpretation of the current provisions concerning the mortgages, as well as the need to start a dialogue between the enforcement officers and the banks’ representatives in order to find solutions for the frequent issues that appear in practice during the bank accounts garnishment procedure.
Răzvan Dincă & Asociații and Rizoiu & Asociații are thanking all the participants for their presence in the conference, trusting that the dialogue between the representatives of the business environment and those of the public regulation authorities is the safest way to a healthy legal frame.
Răzvan Dincă conferencing at ZF Pharma Summit 2013
On 23 and 24 September Ziarul Financiar hosts the second edition of ZF PHARMA Summit, event which brings together, for two days, the public authorities and the most important players in the healthcare area. Among the speakers of the Conference are: Mr. Eugen Nicolaescu, the Romanian Minister of Health, Mr. Sorin Oprescu, Mayor of Bucharest, Mr. Cristian Busoi, President of the National Health Insurance House, Mr. Marius Savu, President of the National Medicines Agency, and, as special guest, Mrs. Anna Herkmen, ACIBADEM International Relations Department Supervisor for Romania, Moldova, Belarus.
In the first day of the conference, Răzvan will hold a presentation on the off-label use of medicines. Considering the efficiency and safety guarantees which such products must present for the patients, the legislation applicable to medicines imposes strict conditions for the marketing thereof. The use of medicines for indications exceeding the marketing authorization thus raises difficult legal issues related, on one side, to the public health protection and, on the other side, to the proper allocation of public funds within the national health insurance system.
For more details please see: http://evenimente.zf.ro/eveniment-zf-pharma-summit13-11116180/despre-eveniment-11116205
Răzvan Dincă conferenced on chromatic trademarks
The National Chamber of Industrial Property Attorneys and the Patents and Trademarks Office organised in Mangalia the eleventh annual national seminar “The Protection of Industrial Property Rights – Remedies and Results”. Within this seminar, Răzvan Dincă presented a one-hour and a half communication on the chromatic trademarks.
The intervention addressed the matters regarding the peculiarities of the registration of colours and combination of colours as trademark, the scope of the rights arising from such registration well as the consequences of protection of chromatic trademarks on dilution and on the third parties’ freedom to compete.
Strategic partnership with Horizon Consulting Network
On July 11, 2013, an agreement for a strategic partnership between Răzvan Dincă & Asociaţii and Horizon Consulting Network was concluded.
Horizon’s objective is to provide research institutions and businesses with advice, information and tools in order to help them shape their R&D efforts, participate in the EU R&D Projects and finance their research ideas.
More information at http://www.horizon-research.ro/
Răzvan conferenced on good faith in contracts
On 14th and 15th of June 2013, the Romanian Review of Private Law organised in Brasov its second conference regarding the preliminary titles of the new civil code and the new civil procedure code, conference organized with the support of the Chamber of Public Notaries Braşov and Braşov Bar.
Within this conference, Răzvan was speaking on the good faith in contracts under the new civil code. His intervention put particular emphasis on the concepts of good faith and abusive exercise of subjective rights, on the meaning of the standard of good faith in performance of contractual obligations, as well as on the practical consequences of applying this standard in various factual circumstances.
Răzvan Dincă designated Recommended Expert by IAM Patent 1000
The Intellectual Asset Management Magazine published its 2013 guide IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners 2013, nominating Răzvan Dincă as Recommended Expert for Romania.
According to the Guide, the peers and clients interviewed praise Răzvan for synthesising his “consummate litigation skills and academic excellence” to yield top results.
Using an extensive research process based on interviews with patent specialists across the globe, the IAM Patent 1000 is one of the most important directories exclusively dedicated to identifying the world’s leading patent services providers.
Răzvan Dincă conferenced on contractual fault
On 17th and 18th of May 2013, the Romanian Review of Private Law organised in Cluj Napoca its first conference regarding the preliminary titles of the new civil code and the new civil procedure code.
Within this conference, Răzvan was speaking on the contractual fault in the new civil code. His intervention put particular emphasise on the trends of the new code to diminish the legal consequences of party’s fault in breaching its contractual obligations and to set it aside from the conditions of applying legal remedies for such breach.
Răzvan Dincă ranked in Chambers Europe Band 1 for Intellectual Property
Chambers Europe issued its 2013 Guide, ranking Răzvan Dincă in Band 1 for Intellectual Property. This is the seventh consecutive year when Răzvan is ranked in Band 1 for Intellectual Property and he is the only lawyer in Romania to have enjoyed such long standing ranking for this area of expertise.
In this year’s guide, Răzvan was described by peers as an excellent lawyer, with one noting in particular his “brilliant understanding of IP law and related issues”, while the clients praise him for his “tactical and intellectual capabilities”.
Based on an extended research and interviews with lawyers and their clients, Chambers is the leading guide to the legal profession. Its rankings identify the world’s finest lawyers, with best performances according to the criteria most valued by clients (e.g. technical expertise, business acumen, prompt delivery, value for money).