Alina Minciu-Geels is a highly respected commercial lawyer. Her practice is mainly focused on corporate law, commercial law, banking law, as well as project finance, concessions and other forms of PPP projects, advising Romanian and foreign clients in various operations.
Her expertise in banking and finance area includes advising on banking regulatory legal issues and compliance, project finance transactions and banking contracts. She has particular strength in corporate acquisition and sale transactions, related financing issues and preparation of complex sale-purchase operations, having advised both sellers and buyers in sophisticated transactions.
She is skilled in drafting merger plans, due diligence reports and documents substantiating several transactions as well as in negotiating transaction documents.
- Advising major companies on compliance with national and EU regulations, on restructuring as well as on financial and commercial matters.• Advising foreign investors on business opportunities (company formation, M&A projects, real estate investments, restructuring, various certifications etc.).
- Advising and representing Romanian and international companies in the procurement procedure, both administrative and contentious.• Representing companies’ managers in insolvency proceedings regarding their liability.
- Advising on malus and clawback clauses.
- Representing Romanian companies in major fiscal contentious cases before all court at various levels.
- Advising gambling companies on licensing procedures.
- Carrying out detailed due diligence in respect of company acquisitions.