""Irina Speciac is another litigator whose mental agility routinely catches opposing counsel off guard. She complements a rock-solid patent practice with notable antitrust and regulatory law knowledge. “ – IAM Patent 1000"
Irina’a activity mainly concerns the litigation area, where she has gathered a wealth of experience in representing and advising major clients in IP, competition and pharma matters.
Irina has recently been involved in a great number of important projects which include:
• successfully representing one of the biggest food products manufacturers on the Romanian market in a series of trademark and unfair competition related court cases.
• assisting a major international pharmaceutical company in a complex patent litigation concerning infringement and alleged invalidity.
• advising an international manufacturer of tobacco based products in developing and implementing its patent protection strategy in Romania.
• advising one of the biggest international medicines producers on various regulatory matters including marketing authorization, price approval, reimbursement and labeling.
• successfully assisting a major industrial group active on various markets in obtaining the merger clearance from the Competition Council.
• successfully assisting a major distributor of house-appliances in an investigation of the Competition Council regarding an alleged antitrust understanding between the producers/importers of house-appliances;
• 2015 – 2017: Chambers Europe, intellectual property practice area Chambers Europe 2017: ”Irina Speciac is an emerging figure in the market and is widely recognised for her expertise in contentious IP matters. She acts for clients from a range of industries including pharmaceuticals, oil and gas and media.”
- April 2012 – to date: Partner, SCA RăzvanDincă & Asociații
- January 2012 – March 2012: Senior Associate, SCA STOICA & Asociatii
- 2010-2012: Associate, SCA STOICA & Asociatii
- 2008-2010: Junior Lawyer, SCA STOICA & Asociatii
- September 2006 – 2008: Trainee, SCA STOICA & Asociatii
- July 2006 – September 2006: Trainee, SCA Nestor Nestor Diculescu Kingston Petersen